December 22, 2016

Crushing on Live Edge Dining Tables

So, we are in the midst of our dining room update...my husband is literally paining as I type. We will have some shiny new walls, trim, wallpaper, and crown molding. But the real star of the room has to be the table! We've been wanting to build a table since move-in and now it's time to buckle down and figure out what we want.  In my pinterest searching, catalog flipping, and mental note making of the things I'm really drawn to I have found a major crush on the live edge dining tables.

For those who may not know what that means (I didn't know before now!) I will spend the rest of the post showing you some eye candy - dining room table style.

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

So, what is a Live Edge Table? Well, I don't know the exact definition...but I do know that it's rustic and modern and just that little something extra.  Basically instead of a perfectly flat edge table top, you have rivets and curves and irregular edges. It's just so...fancy!

Here's an example from Anthropologie (my dream store):

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

See how there is a slight curve to the edge of the wood? I love it. And don't even get me started on those gold legs.
BUT, this table is over $2000....so not in the Wright budget. 

Here's another one on Etsy from The Bearded Bowtie.

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

Gorgeous.  I love the uniqueness each piece brings. You can get a custom quote from The Bearded Bowtie to have your own table made with specific dimensions.  Definitely worth checking out! Also those gold legs...swoon. You can tell I'm leaning toward a gold leg...no surprise I'm sure. 

These next tables seriously blow my mind.  Can they BE any more gorgeous?! (a la Chandler Bing)

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

They are made by a German company called Nuts and Woods and even though the prices are in Euros  I'm certain they are very expensive after you factor in shipping.  But HOLY MAMA are they pretty.  Maybe I could just buy those legs?

If you are in the DIY mood for this type of table like we are - there are some great tutorials out there! 

Here's an amazing table DIY'd by DesignDiningandDiapers.  

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

They did a beautiful job and shared all the details on their blog!

Another great DIY Living Edge Table comes from the Hunted Interior.

live edge dining tables inspiration and DIY with gold hairpin legs

I love the color and the edge on this piece. They actually created the curves on the edge of the wood with a sander! You'll have to check out how easy it looks!

So, now that you're well versed in all things Live Edge Dining Tables the husband and I are going to DIY the heck outta these things.  

Think gold legs, dark stain, marine epoxy, and all the heart eyes. 

Oh, and I still have to pick out chairs....

Which table was your favorite?! Anyone out there also on the live edge train?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...