March 21, 2016

Industrial & Rustic Boy Room| Mood Board Monday

Happy Monday Friends!

It's officially SPRING and I can't wait to open the windows and let all the Michigan spring air in!

Last week I took a quick trip back 'home' and snapped these beautiful bouquet's from Whole Foods that were just dying to come home with me.


Do they say Spring or what? I'm a sucker for fresh cut flowers.

What we're really here to talk about today of course is Mood Board Monday! 


Last week I shared our son's room reveal and we are loving how it turned out. I have a very happy 8 year old boy who loves all the small details in his room, which makes this mama have all the feels. Today I'm going to show you the inspiration board for his Industrial and Rustic bedroom so you can be inspired to create the same style, if that's your thang. 

My son and I chatted about the direction for his room; colors, patterns, and what was important to him on his wish list.  From there I headed to Polyvore to put together those elements as I do for every room re-do.  Here's where we ended up!


    curtain/wood flush mount/atom flush mount/blue ikat fabric/bookcase/gold hook/print/letter/pouf


I am in love with this. I love the rustic elements and the modern fabrics with geometric print. It screams boy to me but in a sophisticated and playful way.
If you've been following along you'll notice we DIY'd many elements in our sons room like a wall hook for his medals, a new memo board, and a custom loft bed.


The design elements that were important to incorporate were curtains, new lighting, a shelf for his memento's, and wall art.

The final cut items from the mood board:

  • atom semi flush pendant
  • blue ikat fabric
  • west elm grey stripe curtain
  • Sherwin Williams paint selections
  • Anthropologie hooks in silver
The CB2 bookcase in the mood board was my favorite find, however, when I went to purchase it, it was on back order (and still is). Major Bummer. In the spirit of finally wanting the poor kids room done we opted with this shelf from Target. It is a great addition to the room, but I can't say I'm not still sad over the loss of the CB2 shelf. I know, #firstworldproblems right? 

The poufs under his bed we previously owned and the colors were perfect so in they went. In an attempt to make them poufier (is that a word?!) I bought bean bag filler. BUT, the zipper on them is a lie. It's an iron fortress that doesn't allow one to open the zipper, therefore no filling of the bean bag.  So in case you had the same idea, save yourself the frustration and money, it can not be done.  In the future I'd love to replace them with the mood board pouf!

I hope you find some inspiration in this mood board! If you have a boy like me who loves the "fancy" things in life, then he'll be happy to have some of these elements in his room. Or hey, no requirement to have a boy or be a boy to love the look! 

Any mood boards you've been working on lately? Leave a link and I'd be happy to share the love!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...