May 23, 2016

Hart of the Home| Mood Board Monday

Hello and Happy Monday!

It was a beautiful weekend here in West Michigan! The kids both had recitals on Saturday which led to many proud mama moments. On Sunday we worked on sprucing up the yard and our front porch. Here was a sneak peak I posted on Instagram:


Still more to do on the list but I'm happy with how it's turning out so far! You can check out my mood board for this space here.

Speaking of mood boards...you know what today is!


A friend recently asked me to help her decorate her newly renovated living/dining room space.  I said YES! grabbed my paint deck and headed over to check it out.  She recently had beautiful hardwood floors installed and had bought some great key furniture pieces so it was just a matter of pulling it all together.  After deciding on a color scheme and her likes and dislikes, we took inspiration from my previous master bedroom.


The burnt orange, teals, and subtle mustard yellows were calling her name. I knew the rug was the key piece in pulling the bedroom together and would also be key in her new living space. 


I just happen to have it sitting in my basement not being used. So...it's hers! 

Using this rug as our key element, I created this mood board I'm calling "The Hart of the Home" because that's her last name and also the main hub of the house. I know, I have problems.

Mood Board

I can't wait to hop right on that couch with a cup of coffee! I selected a grey sectional similar to the one she had just purchased and added in other elements lacking in the room.  I just love how it turned out.  We plan to DIY many projects in the room but I also selected pieces that were reasonable in budget. I can't wait to help her bring this mood board to life! We have some great tricks up our sleeves to make this room truly the "hart of the home". I'll be sure to post before/afters once we complete this room re-do.  

Mood Board

Stay tuned! 
Have a great Monday! I'll be back this week with a foyer in progress post. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...