September 12, 2016

Fancy & Formal Living Room| Mood Board Monday

You know what today is! It's Mood Board Monday!!


I'm taking a break decorating for fall to bring you this super fun mood board.  

I feel like I've been dreaming up plans for our formal living room since we first moved in a year ago.  We are getting closer and closer to install so I'm nearing the final stages of picking the big elements like rugs, curtains, and furniture and the equally terrifying and exciting paint color decision.  

I've put together my most recent vision for the space in this mood board and I'm excited to share it with you! Some elements are definitely out of my price range, but there's nothing a little DIY can't make happen.  

This room will serve as an office space but it adjoins to the dining room so it needs to have a great seating area.  Since our whole lower level is open the colors need to flow from room to room so it's no surprise to see some similar colors throughout this space.

So without further ado:

Mood board formal living pink and gold with built in bookcases

It's classic, yet fun, and oh so romantic. That velvet sofa from Anthropologie... Swoon. Not sure the husband is going to go for the $2000 price tag on that so I may have to get creative in my shopping endeavors. Or, if you're out there Anthropologie, I'd really really like to write a review in exchange for this beauty. One can dream right?

The beautiful bookcases are from Sita Montgomery Interiors and we are going to do something similar but with Ikea bookcases. You know I love a good ikea hack! I definitely plan on painting or wallpapering the back of the bookcases but until I decide on a wall color that decision will be down the road a bit. The thought of filling the bookcases with books/art/decor makes me giddy excited! 

What do you guys think? I'd love to hear how you all style your formal living rooms!

I'll be back later this week with the much anticipated Teacher Lounge Reveal! 
Don't forget there is still time to enter the $100 Rug Giveaway! Enter here.

mood board formal living room with pink and gold and built in bookcases







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...