November 21, 2016

Parisian Chic Dining Room| Mood Board Monday

I feel like it's been so long since I've done a 'Mood Board Monday'. My brain was so consumed by our formal dining I didn't feel like there was any creative space left to tackle another mood board. But, now that our room is complete, I'm left looking at an unfinished space when I sit on our new couch. So here's to another Mood Board Monday! (You can check out all our other mood boards here).


So here's the room connected to our fabulous formal living room



Boy, do I wish it was this clean and empty! Right now its full of misplaced furniture and boxes and definitely NOT a dining room table.  This is the first time we've actually had a dining room and a formal living room- these spaces have stretched me in new ways! 

Because the rooms are adjoined it's important that they flow together with their style and color palette. The wall color will be the same Sherwin Williams Crushed Ice.


But I have a few fun tricks up my sleeve!

Here's my vision for the space in two options because I can't decide which light I like better!

dining room mood board with atg stores wallpaper, world market chairs and dining table, minted art, and gold dot and boe mirror, and lamps plus chandelier
Wallpaper | Mirror | Art | Sign | Chandelier | Art | Table | Chairs | faux florals | Rug

OR

dining room mood board with atg stores wallpaper, world market chairs and dining table, minted art, and gold dot and boe mirror, and lamps plus chandelier

Isn't that wallpaper GORGEOUS! My plan is to use the wallpaper to cover the window wall and leave the remaining walls crushed ice.  The husband is going to DIY a table similar to the World Market one from the mood board. We also want to install a 'fauxdenza' along the wall to add storage. 
Similar to this:


We also plan to add the same crown molding to the space that we used in the living room.  The rug is definitely a tricky part of the room. I used the same blue rug for the mood board, but I'm not sure what other rug I could use as the spaces are essentially one big room. So, if you have any ideas I'd love to hear! 

So, time to dust off the drill and nail gun because this room is about to get hit! I didn't give the husband a deadline this time...but I'm secretly hoping we can have it done in time for my birthday in January. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Which light is your favorite? Anyone build a fauzdenza before? I'm excited for these updates!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...