With the fall season comes a little update in decor to create a cozier space and to celebrate the beautiful colors of the season. Now, if you've been following me long enough you know I'm anything but traditional and this DIY fall wreath I have in store for you won't be any surprise. I've teamed up with some other fantastic bloggers to bring you a wreath blog hop! Be sure to check out the other wreaths (links below).
Now, I know I know, fall is supposed to be purples, oranges, reds, and yellows. But, those colors just don't resonate with me. I selected colors and hues that were soft and warm with a touch of glam that to me felt like fall. Rusty pinks, tans, muted greens, and of course hints of gold is my fall color palette. This tutorial can easily be interchanged with whichever colors and florals of your choosing. The skies the limit!
So here are the items you'll need to create a wreath in this style.
Faux floral's / leather purchased from Joann Fabrics
- 2 faux delphinium stems $6.50 each
- 3 faux rose stems (pink) $5.99 each
- 1 faux rose stem (brown) $5.99
- 1 faux moss sprig $4.99
- 1 faux gold leave sprig $1.99
- 14in gold wreath found here $5.19
- 1 yd 1/8in leather $2.49
- floral wire (already owned)
- faux steam cutters (already owned)
- hot glue gun (not pictured)
There are so many beautiful wreath forms out there but I just wasn't quite finding one to suite my style. I knew I didn't want foam, or grapvine, or wire so when I came across this gold metal ring I knew it was perfect! I started with an inspiration image I found in my Pinterest endeavors:
Now this wreath used real florals, and it's beautiful, but I knew I needed to go the faux route both for cost and longevity.
So, let's get started!
I laid all my items out to get an idea of how I wanted to arrange the florals on the wreath. I started with the two longest pieces to form the base for the arrangment.
I attached the delphinium sprigs with the floral wire and cut off the excess stem with the floral cutters.
Then I added in 2 of the 3 roses to fill in the space between the delphinium sprigs.
I also attached these with the floral wire and cut the excess stem.
Since my creative juices were pouring out I didn't stop to take as many pics after this point. Womp. Womp. I just started cutting and placing items along the wreath to fill in the space and add depth and texture.
I added the brown rose between the 2 pink roses and that completed the main bulkier floral pieces. I cut the gold leaves from the stem and hot glued them to the base of the roses. Easy Peasy.
My final floral element was the moss sprig. I cut pieces of it off and attached it with the floral wire throughout the wreath to create some more depth. I also love the texture and pops of green from the moss.
Now, we just need to add a way to hang this beauty! I purchased some leather from Joann's because it was something different and unexpected. I also think the leather adds a bit of masculinity to the otherwise very feminine wreath. So I looped it around the top and that was it!
I just LOVE how it turned out! This was the easiest wreath I've ever made! Total time spent was maybe 20 minutes...it actually took me longer to shop for all the florals then it did to assemble.
I popped it on our wreath hanger on the front door and now she's the shining star!
Now to put the rest of the front porch together with an updated look for Fall!
Total Cost: Less than $40
Total Time: 20 minutes
An updated fancy new wreath: Priceless!
Be sure to check out all the other wreaths in our fall wreath blog hop!